Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Famous People With Parrots

I love parrots, and it pleases me when other people do as well.  So often you hear about people and their dogs and cats...  I like it when parrots are acknowledged to be the wonderful companions that they actually are. 

I recently joined Pinterest (unfortunately for my free time that is being all the more whiled away on the internet), and it's so fun to see all of the different collections of random stuff on there!  Sometimes finding something on Pinterest is even easier than finding something in an internet search. 

So, to get to the point, I started collecting photos of celebrities with parrots!  It's a lot more difficult than finding celebrities with dogs and cats, I will tell you that, but I think I've got some great ones here.

 
Lauren Bacall

 
Teddy Roosevelt and his bird, Eli Yale

 
The Beatles, John and Paul

 
Natalie Wood

 
Julianne Moore

 
Mary Pickford

 
Robert Blake and his bird in the TV show, Baretta

 
Walt Disney with the Tiki Room parrots (ok, so they are fake....they do talk though!)

 
Alexandra, Princess of Wales

 
Doris Day

 
Mickey Rourke

 
Joan Collins

 
Anne Francis

 
Brigitte Bardot

 
Charlie Chaplin

 
Elizabeth Taylor

 
Hillary Swank and Seuss

 
Ringo Starr

 
Lana Turner with what looks to be a suspiciously fake bird...

 
Winston Churchill

 
Vincent Price

 
Paul Rudd

 
Pablo Picasso

 
Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart


 
Natalie Wood, again

 
Tippi Hedren (not with a parrot, but a smart bird nonetheless)

 
Rita Hayworth

 
Michael Jackson

 
Opera singer, Luisa Terazzini

 
Frida Kahlo

 
Irene Pepperberg (Of course I had to include her.  She is the ultimate bird woman!!)

 
Frank Zappa


 
Steven Tyler with Poi Boy

 
Cinderella is definitely a famous person in my book!

 
and Paris Hilton...  Her bird lends her a certain amount of respectability.


Here is a list of other celebrity parrot owners, not pictured:

http://www.plannedparrothood.com/famousowners.html

Yes, there really is a website called Planned Parrothood.  I was surprised too.

No comments:

Post a Comment